Any meal that can get my son to eat it and is healthy gets 5 stars. I didn't use the Asian Chili-garlic sauce, but it really didn't need it. It was wonderful and I plan to make it again.
This colorful chicken and vegetable stir fry is a delight for the eyes as well as the taste buds with its colorful array of yellow squash, red bell pepper, broccolini and green onions.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 pound Broccolini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt; toss with 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- 2. Stir-fry chicken in 3 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and done. Transfer to a plate, using a slotted spoon; keep warm. Add Broccolini and 1/4 cup broth; cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to plate with chicken, using slotted spoon.
- 3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Sauté bell pepper and next 2 ingredients in hot oil 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 4. Whisk together 2 tsp. cornstarch and remaining 3/4 cup broth until cornstarch dissolves. Add broth mixture, chicken, and Broccolini (with any accumulated juices) to bell pepper mixture in skillet. Cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until liquid thickens. Stir in lime juice and next 2 ingredients. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This