Very nice combination of veggies but a little bland. I tried it again and added my own plain grilled chicken breast (same amount), 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, roasted red pepper instead of pimento (same amount), and 1/2 cup crumbled fat-free feta cheese. It was very good over brown rice (1 and 3/4 cup uncooked rice for 7 servings). With rice and feta each of the 7 servings is 380 calories.
Enjoy this chicken and vegetable medley as a one-dish skillet supper, or use it in a frittata or as the filling for burritos.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 796mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small eggplant, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 3 (6-ounce) packages Italian-style chopped cooked chicken breast (about 4 cups)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients; sauté 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth and wine; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in pimiento and chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note