Good simple stir fry recipe. I substituted bok choy for napa cabbage since it was on sale. I also threw in some mushrooms which I had on hand. Finally we topped off individual servings with some Chili Garlic Sauce for those in our household who liked spice. Will make this again.
Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
Vary the veggies to your family's tastes—sliced carrots or snow peas would be good substitutions.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup stir-fry and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 22.8g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 green onions, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add cabbage, peas, and bell pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Combine soy sauce and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add soy sauce mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring gently to coat. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note