Chicken Vegetable Stir-Fry
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 to 6 dried black mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fermented black beans or soybean miso
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons water
- Soak mushrooms in 1 cup hot water 15 minutes; drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Chop mushrooms; set aside. Toss chicken with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce; set aside.
- Mash together remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reserved liquid, black beans, and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add chicken, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add onion, and stir-fry 1 minute and 30 seconds; add garlic, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken and cabbage, and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and bean mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes