It was a good meal for a Sunday afternoon. Its also a good recipe to have handy when not feeling well.
Chicken Vegetable Soup With Lime and Cilantro
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) chicken cut into 1-in. pieces
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pound(s) russet potatoes peeled, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 3/4 pound(s) carrots peeled, cut into 1/2-in. thick rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 (15-oz.) can(s) golden hominy drained
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 5 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- Place chicken, broth, potatoes, carrots and coriander in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Add hominy, green onions, cilantro and lime juice and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- CALORIES 309; FAT 5 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes