It was a good meal for a Sunday afternoon. Its also a good recipe to have handy when not feeling well.
Chicken Vegetable Soup With Lime and Cilantro
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) chicken cut into 1-in. pieces
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pound(s) russet potatoes peeled, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 3/4 pound(s) carrots peeled, cut into 1/2-in. thick rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 (15-oz.) can(s) golden hominy drained
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 5 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- Place chicken, broth, potatoes, carrots and coriander in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Add hominy, green onions, cilantro and lime juice and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- CALORIES 309; FAT 5 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note