More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 694mg
- Calcium: 188mg
- 1 (32-ounce) carton fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 (8-ounce) container refrigerated prechopped celery, onion, and bell pepper mix
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrot
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen baby potato and vegetable blend (such as Birds Eye)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a covered large Dutch oven.
- 2. While broth mixture comes to a boil, place potato-vegetable blend in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes. While frozen vegetables cook, add garlic and next 4 ingredients to broth mixture; cover and continue to cook.
- 3. Using kitchen shears, snip cooked potato-vegetable blend into bite-sized pieces. Stir potato-vegetable blend, spinach, and milk into broth mixture. Cover and cook over high heat 5 minutes or until carrot is tender. Sprinkle with additional black pepper before serving, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note