Yield: Makes 4 servings or 8 appetizer servings
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (11-ounce) package goat cheese
- Place bell peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 500° for 20 minutes or until peppers look blistered, turning once.
- Place peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds. Slice peppers.
- Coat asparagus with vegetable cooking spray; bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook chicken in a large, lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned. Add lemon juice, and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Slice.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mayonnaise, and next 3 ingredients. Spread mixture evenly on 4 tortillas. Layer with roasted bell pepper, asparagus, chicken, and goat cheese. Top with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Cook quesadillas in a large, lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note