Husband and I loved it. Because I'm not super experienced with cooking, I followed the recipe exactly. This is a perfect summer evening meal! I paired the skewers with Melon and Crispy Prosciutto Salad from Southern Living.
Chicken-Vegetable Kabobs with White BBQ Sauce
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 4 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon loosely packed orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 1 lb.), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small summer squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- White BBQ Sauce
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Whisk together rosemary and next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and next 3 ingredients; toss to coat. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers; discard marinade.
- 2. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes; serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note