Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice
Be sure to cook the rice ahead of time so that it has time to chill. Better yet, cook extra the next time a recipe calls for rice so you'll have some on hand.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 50.6g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Combine egg and egg white, beating well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg and egg white to skillet. As egg begins to cook, gently lift edges with a spatula, and tilt pan to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath. When set (about 30 seconds), turn egg over; remove from pan. Break into coarse pieces with spatula; set aside and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, garlic, and ginger to pan; stir-fry 1 minute. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken and peas; stir-fry 1 minute. Add rice and teriyaki sauce; stir-fry 1 minute or until rice is thoroughly heated. Add cooked egg and green onions, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note