Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Arugula Salad
This colorful salad is packed with garden-fresh zucchini and tomatoes. Grill the bread slices along with the tomatoes so everything is ready at the same time.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 661mg
- Calcium: 153mg
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 7 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette (such as Newman's Own), divided
- 1 medium (8 ounces) zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) red onion slices (1 medium)
- Cooking spray
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Place chicken, zucchini, and onion on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender, adding tomato halves to grill rack after 2 minutes. Cook tomato 2 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and vegetables from grill. Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices; coarsely chop vegetables.
- 3. Combine chicken, vegetables, and remaining 6 tablespoons vinaigrette in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Add arugula and cheese; toss gently.
- Serve with: Grilled Garlic Bread
- Serve now of later This salad is delicious served immediately, but leftovers make an equally tasty chilled lunch-to-go. Just be sure to pack the vegetable and chicken mixture, salad greens, and salad dressing in separate containers, and toss them together right before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads