Chicken Under a Brick/ Relish.com
Ask the butcher to remove the backbone. You want the chicken to lie as flat as possible on the grill. Wrap a brick in foil.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) EVOO
- 1 whole(s) 3 pound chicken, backbone removed
- 1. Combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well. Place chicken breast side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Flatter, folding wing tips under and arranging thighs next to the breasts. Slash the breast twice and the legs and thighs once about 1/2 inch deep. Rub marinade over chicken; cover and refrigerate 8 hours. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- 2. Cover a brick with foil. Heat grill to medium
- 3. Place chicken on grill rack breast side up. Place brick on top of chicken. Cook 10 minutes or until browned. Remove brick, flip chicken over, and grill over low heat until juices run clear when thigh is pierced, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Under a Brick/ Relish.com Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes