Chicken and Two-Pepper Calzones
You wouldn't think you could crank out 4 calzones in half an hour, but with store-bought dough, a little prechopped onion and green pepper from your market's salad bar or produce section, and a very hot oven, they're fast and delicious.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 413
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 1358mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- 1 pound pizza dough
- About 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup coarsely shredded unseasoned rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Divide dough into 4 pieces and set on a baking sheet rubbed with olive oil. Stretch each into a 6- to 7-in. circle. Divide remaining ingredients evenly among dough circles. Fold each circle over to form a half-moon and seal edges.
- 2. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve with a green salad.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per calzone.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note