Chicken / Tuna Casserole with Smoked Gouda
- 8 ounce(s) elbow mac or small shells
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream or half-n-half
- 4 ounce(s) smoked gouda shredded or chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken, tuna, or favorite meat shredded
- 2 cup(s) cooked vegetables chopped
- 1 Bell pepper halved and sliced
- 1/2 cube(s) brad crumbs
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter melted
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water as package directs. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter; add flour. Cook, stirring, until flour mixture is well blended and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth.
- Add pepper, to taste, along with parsley, if using. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Add the chicken and vegetables; cook for about 1 minute longer.
- Combine the sauce with cooked and drained macaroni; pour into a 2-quart casserole. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes, until bubbly and browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken / Tuna Casserole with Smoked Gouda Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes