Chicken Tostados and Avocado Dressing from Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) canola oil divided
- 4 (6") flour tortillas
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 cup(s) shredded, cooked, boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled queso fresco (1 ounce)
- 1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 teaspoon oil to pan. Cook one tortilla 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with 2 1/4 teaspoons oil and remaining tortillas.
- 3. Add remaining oil to pan. Add garlic and jalapeno; saute for 1 1/2 minutes. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates; top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken mixture, 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons tomato, and 1 tablespoon cheese. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Tostados and Avocado Dressing from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes