With a little tweaking, this could easily become a 5 star recipe for me. I did not like the Rotisserie chiken and think it would have been much better with a chicken seasoned with mexican style spices. The Avacado dressinge was fantastic. I plan to use it on my fish tacos in the future. Also, was in need of a little bit of cilantro in my opinion. I will definitely make again with a few modifications, but overall, it was still a very good recipe.
Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Dressing
Photo: John Autry and Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
These chicken tostadas are quick and easy to make and are especially great when topped with a creamy, homemade avocado and sour cream dressing.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 tostada)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 39.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Fiber: 20g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 teaspoon oil to pan. Cook 1 tortilla 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with 2 1/4 teaspoons oil and remaining tortillas.
- 3. Add remaining oil to pan. Add garlic and jalapeño; sauté 1 1/2 minutes. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates; top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken mixture, 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons tomato, and 1 tablespoon cheese. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes