Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Salsa from Cooking Light
Serve with Chipotle Rice: Combine 2 cups water, 1 tbsp. butter, 1 tbsp. minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce; 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup rice; stir gently. Cover, reduce heat, & simmer 18 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro. CALORIES: 197 FAT: 3.2g SODIUM: 211mg
Yield: 4 servings ( Serving Size: 1 tostada )
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 cup(s) chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado peeled & diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cup(s) shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1 (15 oz) can(s) no-salt-added black beans rinsed & drained
- 2 cup(s) shredded boneless rotisserie chicken breat
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add tomato, onion, cilantro, and avocado; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 3/4 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1 tortilla to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure 3 times with remaining 2 1/4 teaspoons oil and tortillas.
- 3. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Layer each tortilla with 1/2 cup lettuce, about 1/2 cup beans, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 cup avocado salsa, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- CALORIES: 429 FAT: 21.6g (sat:4.1g, mono:13.4g, poly:2.7g) PROTEIN: 26.3g
- CARB: 35g FIBER: 8.6g CHOL: 55mg IRON: 3mg SODIUM: 544mg
- CALC: 147 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Salsa from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes