Family-pleasing Chicken Tostadas give leftover chicken a flavorful boost. To vary the taste, substitute plain Jack cheese for less spice. Or, if you'd prefer more flavor, sprinkle chopped pickled jalapeños on top.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 553
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 14g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 1323mg
- 8 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack (about 4 oz.)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. Mist both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Place on sheet and bake until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Toss avocados with lime juice; season with salt. Spread some beans on each tortilla, top with chicken and avocado. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake until warmed through, 7 to 10 minutes. Top with lettuce and salsa and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note