I agree the salsa needs some kick. Family liked these and they are pretty easy to make.
Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Salsa
Photo: Johnny Autry, Randy Mayor; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Chicken Tostadas are a snap to make for a busy weeknight meal. Keep the Avocado Salsa recipe on hand to use for a number of different dishes.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 tostada)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 429
- Fat: 21.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 13.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 544mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup prechopped tomato
- 1/2 cup prechopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add tomato, onion, cilantro, and avocado; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 3/4 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1 tortilla to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure 3 times with remaining 2 1/4 teaspoons oil and tortillas.
- 3. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Layer each tortilla with 1/2 cup lettuce, about 1/2 cup beans, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 cup avocado salsa, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This