I love Tortilla Soup. This is a way stepped up version of the soup I normally make. I’ll have to try this for sure! I like to use the RoTel with lime juice in it to give it a little extra oomph too. http://www.thertastore.com
Chicken Tortilla Soup (The Chew)
Trisha Yearwood's Recipe from The Chew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 3 can(s) Chicken Broth (14-oz)
- 4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup(s) salsa
- 4 chicken breasts (shredded)
- 1 can(s) kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can(s) black beans (drained)
- 1 can(s) corn (drained)
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 package(s) fajita seasoning (taco will work too)
- 1 bag(s) tortilla chips
- 1 bag(s) shredded cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream (optional)
- -Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat; add the garlic and onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- -Add the flour and stir well, cooking for 1 minute more. Add the broth and the half and half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- -Then reduce heat to low. Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and fajita seasoning. Continue to simmer over low hear for 15 minutes.
- -Crumble the tortilla chips into individual bowls and top with a ladle of soup. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Tortilla Soup (The Chew) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews