Chicken Tortilla Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 ounce(s) diced canned tomatoes with juice
- 1.25 pound(s) diced cook chicken
- 1 small onion chopped
- 30-35 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) medium salsa
- 1 cup(s) corn optional
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar
- lime juice to taste
- Put first 12 ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Prepare roux of butter and flour
- over medium heat, boiling for 1 minutes, stirring. Add to soup and
- stir until mixture thickens. Garnish with lightly crushed tortilla
- Preparation time is about 15 minutes, cooking time is 35 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews