Chicken tortilla soup
Chicken tortilla soup - rich tomato base with green chilis, chipotle powder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 whole(s) sweet onion chopped
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cube(s) chicken bouillon
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle powder
- 1 can(s) diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 dash(es) red pepper flakes
- 1 can(s) red enchilada sauce
- 28 ounce(s) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 can(s) black beans
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1.5 cup(s) white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- Cook chicken breast in dutch oven or large pot with chicken bouillon cube, chicken broth, minced onion and garlic.
- Remove chicken and shred or chop. Return to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT sour cream and cheese. Simmer until broth reduces desired amount - perhaps 30-45 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice, sour cream and cheese. Heat through and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tzumama and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note