Chicken and Tortilla Dumplings
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 chicken leg quarters (5 pounds)
- 8 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (15-ounce) package 8-inch flour tortillas
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, reserving broth in Dutch oven. Let chicken and broth cool. Skin, bone, and cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside. Skim fat from broth. Add soup to broth; bring to a boil.
- Cut tortillas into 2- x 1-inch strips. Add strips, 1 at a time, to briskly boiling broth mixture. Add chicken, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent dumplings from sticking.
- Quick Tip: Substitute 8 cups chicken broth for water; omit bouillon cubes; reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon. Proceed with recipe using 3 to 4 cups chopped cooked chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes