We are SUCH beginners in the kitchen - and this was so easy and so delicious! We're so excited about it, we're going to serve it to company. No hints to share, we followed it word for word. It was delicious as a leftover, too.
Chicken Tortellini With Asparagus and Olives
More From Southern Living
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated herb-and-chicken tortellini
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 2 onions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10-oz.) jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. sliced ripe black olives (optional)
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- 3. Sauté onions in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to medium-high, add asparagus and bell pepper, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4. Stir in pesto. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, sliced black olives. Serve immediately.
- Chicken and Pasta With Vegetables: Substitute 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie pasta) for tortellini. Cut 1 lb. chicken breast tenders into bite-size pieces, and sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper. Saute chicken in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes or until done. Proceed with recipe as directed, stirring in chicken with pasta in Step 4. Prep: 15 min., Cook: 18 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note