Chicken in Tomato-Tarragon Sauce
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 21 minutes. Serve this hearty chicken on a bed of brown rice.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/3 cup tomato-tarragon sauce, and 1 ounce cheese)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 428mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 large minced shallots (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups chopped tomato (about 2 medium, firm tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, lightly dredge them in all-purpose flour (shaking off any excess), and then carefully place them in the skillet. Cook until chicken breasts are golden and nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover.
- 2. In the same pan, sauté the shallots over medium heat until tender, about 1 minute. Add white wine, and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the chicken broth; simmer, covered, over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- 3. Return chicken breasts to the pan, and cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts, and place 1 breast on each of 4 plates. Stir the tomatoes and tarragon into the broth mixture; pour 1/3 cup sauce over each chicken breast. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes