Chicken To Go Biscuits
Fill Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits with chicken to make these delicious sandwiches. Works with different fillings: asparagus, broccoli, bacon, scallions. Sauce should be doubled and cream soups may be used as a shortcut. Different coatings may be used as well: instead of cornflakes, try breadcrumbs or panko; add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper. Recipe from Pillsbury.
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cup(s) (5 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) (4 oz.) chopped or sliced drained mushrooms
- 1 16.3-ounce can(s) Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cup(s) cornflakes, crushed or 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- Step 1: Heat oven to 375°F. In medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Add milk all at once. Cook about 1 minute until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, cheese and mushrooms; set aside.
- Step 2: Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. Roll or pat each into 5-inch circle. Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each biscuit circle. Wrap dough around chicken mixture, pressing edges to seal.
- Step 3: Dip rolls in egg, then coat with crushed cornflakes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note