Chicken Tinga with Sweet Chipotle Sauce
- 1 (4- to 6-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- Place chicken breast in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; let cool 30 minutes. Shred chicken breast.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1/2 cup onion. Sauté 6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove onion from pan; combine shredded chicken and onion.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet; add remaining 1 cup onion and garlic. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chipotle and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Process chipotle mixture in a blender until smooth. Combine chicken and chipotle sauce. Serve with fresh sopes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note