Chicken Tinga (Tinga de Pollo)
This is a traditional Mexican dish that is easy to make, taste delicious, and can be frozen for up to a month. Great on tostadas with Queso Fresco and Chipotle salsa (see my Chipotle-Tomatillo Salsa recipe). Also great in a quesadilla or live on the edge and whip up a batch of Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) white onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 3 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried Mexican Oregano
- 3 cup(s) Cooked Chicken shredded
- 2 Chipotle Chiles (canned or dried) seeded and minced
- 1 cup(s) Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt or more to taste
- Heat oil in large frying pan. When hot, add onion and garlic and saute until translucent and soft (8-10 mins).
- Next add chopped Roma tomatoes and oregano and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then add your shredded chicken, chipotle chiles and chicken broth. Cook on medium-low for about 30 minutes until most liquid is absorbed and the flavors blend.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Traviesadivina and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note