Chicken Tinga (Tinga de Pollo)
This is a traditional Mexican dish that is easy to make, taste delicious, and can be frozen for up to a month. Great on tostadas with Queso Fresco and Chipotle salsa (see my Chipotle-Tomatillo Salsa recipe). Also great in a quesadilla or live on the edge and whip up a batch of Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) white onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 3 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried Mexican Oregano
- 3 cup(s) Cooked Chicken shredded
- 2 Chipotle Chiles (canned or dried) seeded and minced
- 1 cup(s) Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt or more to taste
- Heat oil in large frying pan. When hot, add onion and garlic and saute until translucent and soft (8-10 mins).
- Next add chopped Roma tomatoes and oregano and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then add your shredded chicken, chipotle chiles and chicken broth. Cook on medium-low for about 30 minutes until most liquid is absorbed and the flavors blend.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Traviesadivina and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes