This is one of my new favorite CL recipes! What a fun take on pizza and Indian food. I made these exactly as written. They were just the right amount of spice for me, but only one of my three kids could handle it so next time I may cut back or separate out some of the sauce.
Chicken Tikka Pizzas
Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Tiziana Agnello
Serve with Green Salad with Simple Vinaigrette.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 pizza)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 31.2g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 687mg
- Calcium: 240mg
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala, divided
- Cooking spray
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Green Salad with Simple Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Cut chicken in half horizontally. Combine chicken, yogurt, and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Broil 5 minutes on each side.
- 3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place tomatoes in a mini chopper; pulse until almost smooth. Add oil to pan. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala, ginger, red pepper, and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes; simmer 4 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and cream; cook 1 minute. Cut chicken into pieces. Add chicken to pan; toss.
- 4. Place pitas on baking sheet. Broil 1 minute each side. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken onto each. Top with onion and cheese. Broil 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes