- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala, divided
- Cooking spray
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Green Salad with Simple Vinaigrette
- calories 390
- fat 12.9 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 31.2 g
- carbohydrate 38 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 77 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 687 mg
- calcium 240 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut chicken in half horizontally. Combine chicken, yogurt, and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Broil 5 minutes on each side.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place tomatoes in a mini chopper; pulse until almost smooth. Add oil to pan. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala, ginger, red pepper, and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes; simmer 4 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and cream; cook 1 minute. Cut chicken into pieces. Add chicken to pan; toss.
Place pitas on baking sheet. Broil 1 minute each side. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken onto each. Top with onion and cheese. Broil 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.