Chicken Tikka Masala
More From Oxmoor House
2 Hours, 50 Minutes
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 16.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 137mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper, divided
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (1 3/4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (2-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place onion and garlic in a food processor; process until a smooth paste forms. Spoon half of paste into a small bowl; cover and chill. Add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon red pepper, and ginger to remaining paste in food processor; process until smooth. Stir in yogurt and lemon juice.
- 2. Combine chicken and yogurt mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- 3. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt evenly over both sides of chicken. Place chicken on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a foil-lined pan. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until done, turning after 8 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes; cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add cinnamon stick; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, coriander, and turmeric; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in reserved onion-garlic paste. Cook 12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half and milk; bring to a simmer. Stir in chicken; simmer 2 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with cilantro.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note