chicken three cheese enchilada
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- dash(es) salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 pound(s) boneless, skineless chicken cooked shredded
- 1 3/4 cup(s) red enchilada sauce
- 9 corn tortillas 6 inch size
- 3/4 cup(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup(s) white cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cup(s) yellow cheddar cheese shredded
- 3-4 green onions tops for garnish
- cilatnro for garnish
- Layered Chicken Three-Cheese Enchilada
- Use your favorite enchilada sauce to prepare this recipe, which layers corn tortillas, chicken and three kinds of cheese into one hearty casserole.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Add the chicken to the onion and stir well to combine.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 3 1/2-quart round wide Dutch oven. Arrange 3 tortillas in a single layer on the sauce, overlapping them as needed to cover the sauce. Top with a generous 1 cup of the chicken-onion mixture, 1/2 cup of the sauce and 1/4 cup of each cheese. Repeat the layering 2 more times, alternating the direction of the tortilla layers and finishing with 1/2 cup sauce and 1/4 cup of each cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the ingredients are heated through and the cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serves 4 to 6.
- Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by duckindawgland and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
chicken three cheese enchilada Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes