I love this easy dish and make it often. I recently served it over whole wheat orzo and it was wonderful. To make it less "soupy", I simmer the chicken and sauce in the last step for 10 minutes rather than five. I think this enhances the flavors.
Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes, Olives, and Capers
Spread the chicken thighs out in the pan so this dish will cook quickly.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 thighs and about 1/4 cup tomato mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 23.9g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 566mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Return chicken and accumulated juice to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes