Very good and easy - didn't think the marinade was too strong or the chicken too lemony, even after the full two hours. I used boneless skinless thighs so broiled them for a bit less time, but they came out wonderful and moist. I served them over some couscous.
Chicken Thighs with Thyme and Lemon
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
For a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken, try this simple grilled dish.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2 thighs)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 16 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Place first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag. Chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This