I made this for a potluck. Delicious! I added the tomato paste in the pan with the wine instead of directly on the crockpot and I added capers. I set to crockpot on low instead of high, and cooked for 6 hours. The sauce was so rich and lovely. I will definitely make this again.
Chicken Thighs with Olives and Tomato Sauce
Brown flavorful chicken thighs, then simmer in a slow cooker with garlic, diced tomatoes, and white wine for an Italian-inspired chicken dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 12 chicken thighs (about 4 pounds), skinned
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place chicken in an electric slow cooker. Add garlic to pan, and sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 30 seconds. Place wine mixture in cooker. Add tomato paste, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes to cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, olives, and parsley.
Add capers along with the olives, parsley, and seasoning for a more briny flavor, if you like. The parsley goes in last to keep its flavor and color intense.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This