Great! Recommend draining off some of the fat before finishing the sauce.
Chicken Thighs with Mustard-Citrus Sauce
Photo: Charles Schiller; Styling: Lynn Miller
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $1.18
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 459mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1. Mix lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp. garlic and 2 Tbsp. honey in a plastic bag. Add chicken and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Remove thighs from marinade, pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan, add shallots, remaining garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan and add orange juice and broth. Simmer, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken to plate. Add mustard, orange zest and remaining honey to skillet. Bring to a boil and whisk until sauce thickens, about 7 minutes. Spoon over chicken and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This