Chicken Thighs with Garlic and Lime
These flavorful garlic-and-lime chicken thighs are a delicious way to prepare an inexpensive cut of chicken. After the chicken is baked, it's removed from the pan, and the drippings are reduced on the stovetop to a slightly syrupy sauce that is then spooned over the thighs.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 51.1g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 517mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon juice. Rub garlic mixture over chicken. Place chicken in a medium skillet.
- Combine 1 tablespoon juice, chicken broth, and vinegar; pour over the chicken. Place over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180°.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Place pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 3 minutes). Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note