This dish was simple and amazing. I used chicken breasts as husband doesn't like thighs. Followed recipe exactly, except served with egg noodles. The tomato, zucchini and onion mixture was amazingly flavorful! Will definitely make again.
Chicken Thighs With Chunky Tomato Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1 (22-oz.) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Greek seasoning. Cook chicken in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium. Add zucchini and onion to skillet, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring often, 7 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and next 3 ingredients.
- 4. Serve chicken over potatoes. Spoon sauce over chicken and potatoes. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ore-Ida Mashed Potatoes, Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning, and Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes Diced With Garlic.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes