My first crock pot meal, and this was so good! Whole family said it was yummy! Before serving I shred the chicken and added back to pot, to make the food extremely child friendly. I made it just like it says on the recipe, except that I added one potato more. I will use this recipe again!
Chicken Thighs With Carrots and Potatoes
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
More From Southern Living
Other: 6 Hours
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium-size new potatoes (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 skinned, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1. Halve onion lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place onion in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; top with potatoes and carrots.
- 2. Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- 3. Combine paprika and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; rub over chicken. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- 4. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes