Crispy Chicken Thighs with Poblanos and Onions
Photo: Laurey W. Glenn; Styling: Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
- 3 1/2 to 4 lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 7 thighs)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 large poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso blanco
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- 2. Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until oil just begins to smoke.
- 3. Place chicken in skillet, skin sides down; reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; discard drippings.
- 4. Place poblano peppers and chopped onion in skillet. Place chicken, skin sides up, in skillet.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with chopped fresh cilantro and crumbled queso blanco.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes