- 3 1/2 to 4 lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 7 thighs)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 large poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso blanco
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until oil just begins to smoke.
Place chicken in skillet, skin sides down; reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; discard drippings.
Place poblano peppers and chopped onion in skillet. Place chicken, skin sides up, in skillet.
Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with chopped fresh cilantro and crumbled queso blanco.