This was a hit with family when I made it, and it was beautiful as well. I will make this again since it was so easy, although I may switch up the salsa a little!
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Peach-Lime Salsa
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 367mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (5-ounce) skinless bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ripe peaches (about 1/2 pound), peeled and chopped
- 1 red or green jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 6 lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. To prepare salsa, combine onion and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño); stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let stand 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Let chicken stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with salsa and lime wedges, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note