- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (5-ounce) skinless bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ripe peaches (about 1/2 pound), peeled and chopped
- 1 red or green jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 6 lime wedges (optional)
- calories 194
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 20 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 110 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 367 mg
- calcium 17 mg
How to Make It
Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
To prepare salsa, combine onion and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño); stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let stand 1 hour.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Let chicken stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with salsa and lime wedges, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.