The whole family loved it...
Chicken Thighs Paprika
Photo: Julie Bidwell; Styling: Stephanie Hanes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 578
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 198mg
- Sodium: 479mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons paprika, hot or sweet
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked, optional
- 1. Warm oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Dry chicken; season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook chicken in a single layer until golden, turning once, about 10 minutes total. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining thighs.
- 2. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat. Reduce heat to medium and cook onion, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add a little broth if onion begins to burn. Stir in paprika, tomato paste and chicken broth.
- 3. Add chicken to skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 15 minutes. Remove lid and flip thighs. Turn heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter.
- 4. Remove skillet from heat. Whisk in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken and sauce over noodles, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note