Chicken Thighs with Orange-Ginger Glaze
Honey—combined with fresh ginger, orange rind, and orange juice—is all that's needed to concoct this spicy-sweet glaze. Round out your meal with white rice.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 327
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 395mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 navel orange
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 2. While chicken cooks, grate rind and squeeze juice from orange to measure 1 teaspoon and 1/4 cup, respectively. Add orange rind, juice, honey, and ginger to chicken, scraping to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes or until chicken is done and orange mixture is syrupy. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- Serve with: Roasted Broccoli with Almonds
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note