- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 16 pearl onions, peeled (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup port or other sweet red wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups cubed Yukon gold or red potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- calories 302
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 94 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 838 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
To prepare rub, combine onion through pepper in a small bowl.
To prepare chicken, sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with 1 tablespoon rub mixture. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add 1 teaspoon oil and onions; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth, vinegar, and salt; bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes.
Combine 1 tablespoon rub mixture, the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and potatoes; toss to coat. Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until tender; toss with parsley. Serve chicken with potatoes and sauce.