- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 8 small chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small yellow onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 jarred hot cherry peppers, seeded and roughly chopped, plus 3 tablespoons of the brine
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- calories 675
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fat 28 g
- cholesterol 113 mg
- sodium 960 mg
- carbohydrate 64 g
- fiber 2 g
- sugars 5 g
- protein 31 g
How to Make It
In a small bowl, combine the oregano, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, season with the spice mixture, and dredge in the flour.
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat and brown the chicken, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onions to the pot and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cherry peppers and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the pepper brine, wine, and broth and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. Divide among individual bowls and spoon the chicken and sauce over it.