Chicken Thigh Cacciatore
Easy side: Microwave 1 (12-oz.) package fresh broccoli florets, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 Tbsp. water, and 1/2 tsp. salt, covered with plastic wrap, at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
More From Southern Living
- 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (24-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and salt. Cook chicken in hot oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken; reserve drippings in skillet.
- 2. Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot drippings 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Return chicken to skillet; pour pasta sauce over chicken. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Spoon chicken mixture over hot cooked fettuccine. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note