Chicken Thigh Cacciatore
More From Southern Living
- 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (24-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and salt. Cook chicken in hot oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken; reserve drippings in skillet.
- 2. Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot drippings 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Return chicken to skillet; pour pasta sauce over chicken. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Spoon chicken mixture over hot cooked fettuccine. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This