Chicken Tex-Mex Bake
Casseroles really taste best when they're made in advance to allow the flavors to blend. Make one the night before, then pop it in the oven to bake the next day for dinner.
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 (12 1/2 oz.) cans chicken, drained and shredded
- 2 (10-oz.) cans mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 1/2-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares and divided
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Combine first 5 ingredients and half the cheese; mix well. Blend in sour cream, onion and pepper; set aside.
- Arrange half the tortillas over the bottom of a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Spoon half the chicken mixture over tortillas. Repeat layers, ending with chicken mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with olives.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil; bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles