Quick & Easy to prepare. I doubled the recipe & put in a can of green chiles & 1/2 cup roasted red peppers for color. Served the Pear & Apple & Cashew Salad that is also in the Jan09 issue with the entree. Very good.
Chicken Tetrazzini With Marsala and Fresh Mushrooms
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (7-oz.) package vermicelli
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir together mushrooms, chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and next 5 ingredients; stir in pasta. Spoon mixture into 6 lightly greased 8-oz. ramekins or a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes