Chicken Tetrazzini With Caramelized Onions
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7-oz.) package vermicelli
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (4-oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 20 minutes or until caramel colored. Stir in balsamic vinegar, salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir together chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and next 6 ingredients; stir in pasta and caramelized onion. Spoon mixture into 6 lightly greased 8-oz. ramekins or a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note